Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Organizing


Yes -- I did set goals for the summer for me.

One of those goals was to ORGANIZE!!

I KNOW lots of you out there think I am an organization queen -- 

Unfortunately, this last school year -- with my job and both Elizabeth and Matt having surgery -- well, things got -- UNORGANIZED!!!

I basically started room by room going through EVERY cupboard, shelf, closet and drawer -- nothing was left unturned.  

I also, took on the BIG job of organizing all of the important papers and 'stuff' I have collected for EACH of the kids over the years.  JM is ALL done.  MD is almost done and My Darling is started.  Hopefully, by the end of summer all 5 will be caught up.


At times I got some great participation --

Other times not so much -- actually, I did NOT want any at times.  The girls helped with their room!




The upstairs loft where the BIG desk with all of our files are located along with a doll area was an HUGE undertaking.  I LOVE how clean and organized it is -- yes, all files updated AND all papers filed!


The basement storage area was reorganized -- I FINALLY parted with most all of my kindergarten 'stuff.'  I LOVE middle school and hope to stay -- but if I move so much has changed.  SO -- a dear friend need much of it -- so, I cleaned it out!

My sewing studio was the THROW ALL!!!  Well, it is back to MY SEWING AREA -- this was an area that everytime I enter I would get a bit of anxiety.  It was SOOOO messy.  Now -- I love to enter.




At this point the mud room is the only room NOT finished
BUT
That is actually having an HUGE redo this fall -- so, I might just wait until then.

Actually, organizing my house and cleaning out takes such an huge weight off of my shoulders.  It makes me feel like I can start the school year ready to focus on school.  I am praying this works for a better and smoother start to the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment