Saturday, May 16, 2015

Girls On The Run!!!


Girls on the Run!!

I LOVE this program!!!


My Darling and BaJabs both were involved this year.  Elizabeth was too close to surgery and all her therapy to participate -- BUT she is hoping to try next year ;)

The girls have been training for a few months.
They meet in group and talk about self-image, friends, healthy living and girl POWER!!  They also run together 2 times a week.
The girls and their small group.
Montague has over a 100 girls in this program.

BaJabs just watching for a bit trying to figure out what was going on.
There are SO MANY girls at this run!!!  It is really a bit overwhelming YET exciting!!

All the girls sign each others shirts as encouragement BEFORE the run.
This year all Montage girls wore green long socks instead of matching hair pretties -- it was so much easier to find our runners in the race!

My Darling and BaJabs BEFORE the 5K.

Most of the Montague girls listening to last minute instructions.  You can see My Darling with her running buddy, Ms. B.

The 4 cousins all racing today!

AND the race begins -- 
WOW -- look at all of the runners -- over 1000!!!

Here they come!

The little one waving is one of the cousins!

I stood towards the end of the race.  This is my first glimpse of My Darling.  She was still running strong!



My Darling finished with her BEST time -- 26 minutes.  


This was my first glimpse of BaJabs.  She is running strong as well!


The three girls stayed together the whole race.
BaJabs AMAZES me!!!  She ran without a limp -- You could not even tell she had a prosthesis leg on AND she does NOT have a running foot on it!

She ran in 33 minutes -- which was pretty good for her.



Our two girlies at the end!


My Darling with her running partner!
I love that Ms. B said, My Darling was her encourager and helped her!!  The goal was to run the ENTIRE time without walking!  AND they did it!!!


All the signatures!

Again, if your child has the opportunity to do this -- do it!!!  
This is NOT competitive.  They are working on doing their personal best and encouraging each other!  It is GREAT!!

After the race we go out for a big breakfast.


I could not believe the My Darling wanted this big omelet -- she ate all but a few bites!


Yummy, some nice hot chocolate with whip cream!

Both girls are planning at least one more run this month -- so, they will continue training on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment