Sunday, July 1, 2012

June in review -- PICTURE HEAVY!!!

Yes, I know I have taken a blog BREAK!!!

When school dismisses for the summer I seem to need a detox time :)
I stepped away from the computer except the bare minimum -- check FB here and there and check my emails 1 or 2 times a day.  
Writing on the blog takes THOUGHT!!  AND I didn't have much :)

I wanted to spend lots of time with the kids AND read.

I have been reading ........   LOTS!!
I think I have read about 18 or 20 full length books so far.  YES, I stay up late -- a few 4 am's.  I know CRAZY!!!!  I read while I'm cooking and while the girls are napping.  I LOVE reading.  AND yes, I love a good love story and a good mystery.  I'm reading for FUN!!

BUT most importantly 

the kids and I have been busy having fun, as well.  So, I'm going to update with pictures and brief notes.  

Here goes ...............

JM started his baseball season.  He LOVES to play.  He pitches and catches.  He has games every Tuesday and Thursday evening. 

Pitching
The best inning was 15 pitches and struck all 3 batters out.  EXCITING!!!

Batting

The girls watching -- they are usually nibbling on snacks and laughing.  AND make the most of being in the stands.

Elizabeth had her first dentist appointment.  She was a tad nervous but did awesome.  She watched MD and then climbed right up in the chair.  She only had ONE cavity.  WOW!!!

Before it all starts!

She LOVES Mr.Slurp, Slurp.  

She was great!!!  I do have to say we have the best dentist and dental hygienist, they really go the extra mile and spend time with the kids so that there are no fears.

Father's Day was a fun day.  It was nice and warm so we had a great lunch with my parents and spent the remainder of the afternoon out by the pool.   

The kids with their dad --- trying to be normal :)

The kids and dad being crazy -- although, this is normal ;)

Having fun!

BaJabs showing off her pipes.

Popsicle time.

Totally love this :)  The girls help each other change -- I did not help or tell them to do this.  They are so modest.

Tada .... here she is.

Uncle Josh getting Elizabeth --- she absolutely LOVED this.  She kept asking him to do it again. 

AND I love how she got hers to work.  Such determination!!!

We did a full week of swimming lessons.  My Darling and BaJabs were enrolled.  Elizabeth will do different lessons with a private therapist.  Although, she is doing great in the water.  The girls did great.  The end result -- NO plugging the nose!!! Not even jumping off the diving board.

All three girls waiting by the pool.  It was a very warm week!!!

My Darling working on the back stroke.

My Darling jumping off the diving board -- this is nothing new for her BUT not plugging her nose is!!!

My Darling -- 

BaJabs -- she LOVES wearing these goggles :)

After lessons were done -- and we had the last lesson -- they allowed us to stay and swim a bit.  So, Elizabeth got to practice some as well.  Yes, she LOVES the water.

There was LOTS of farm work to be done.  Asparagus, planting, working the ground and hay take LOTS of time.  MD spent time helping out.  AND he did not know this picture was snapped BUT I love it!!!  He is such a hard worker and is always ready and willing to work at the farm.  

MD driving tractor and cultivating the asparagus.

MD went on a ministry trip with our HS youth group for an entire week.  They went to upstate New York to run a soccer camp.  They worked at a small church with the children in the community.  They also did some work projects and went to a special needs camp to help.
MD had a fabulous week!!  He loved what they did and LOVED doing it -- even though he had stomach issues -- yuck, but he persevered!  

This is my only picture -- they presented the ministry to the church on the Sunday they returned.  They had all the younger children in our church come up and help them do some of the worship songs they did with the campers.

Matt and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary.  We were able to getaway -- kid free -- for the weekend.  We returned to a lovely bed and breakfast a bit past Charlevoix.  Horton Creek Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful PEACEFUL place to stay.  We had a very relaxing weekend and visited some of our favorite spots and found some new ones!

Sunset time in Charlevoix.

Another beautiful sunset.

My wonderful husband -- we were on a little car ferry and I couldn't help snap this picture :)

YES, I know there is not much about Elizabeth and her leg -- I'm leaving that for the next post!  I will update on her progress -- I promise.  Yes, there was things that happened in June for her :)

BUT other than 'LEG PROGRESS'
that wraps-up June!

I plan to be more on top of things this next month!
We have LOTS of happenings!

1 comment: