Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School

First Day of School for ALL 6 of us!!!

Another school year is upon us.  Another year to deepen and add to our knowledge, renew friendships and add new ones.  
Of course, another year of BIG schedules: driver's training, FFA, band, violin lessons, trumpet lesson, guitar, high school youth group, middle school youth group and Awana -- to name some.

BIG year of newness to our NEW one, Elizabeth.  This was REALLY her FIRST day of school :)

It is also a sad good-bye to summer and a big hello to fall -- although, today was SO hot!

A new school year to embrace our challenges and learn to make good choices

AND 

through it all 

CHOOSE JOY!

Because we know easiness is not always an option but our attitude is!

4 of the 5 kids started new schools today.
After MUCH prayer and thoughtful effort we decided to withdrawal our children from private school and enroll in our local public school.

AND

YES, we are totally at peace about the decision ----

AND

If today is any indication of how the year will go -- 
Well, I'm thrilled we trusted God's leading.


MD -- our high-schooler
JM -- our middle-schooler
BOTH get on the bus early!
School begins at 7:35 am for both of them!

BOTH boys have pretty good schedules.  JM is learning to navigate a much larger school, have 6 different teachers AND a locker with a lock.  He actually LOVED it!
MD is my only child returning to the same school he attended last year -- and he had a great day!  His first tri schedule is good but there are still some things to iron out in his other tri's.

MOM leaves at 7:30 am as my school beings at 7:55 am
I am beginning by 19th year of teaching.
This is my 3rd year as 6th grade Language Arts teacher.
This year has some new challenges BUT is still showing promise to be a GREAT year!!!


The 3 girlies.
My Darling and Elizabeth are starting 2nd grade -- TOGETHER.
BaJabs is starting 1st grade.

They get on the bus much later than the boys as their school starts at 8:35 am.
TODAY, daddy was wonderful!!!  I miss out on 1st day activities EVERY year.  BUT daddy always gets to make special memories with them AND he takes great pictures to document it for ME.
Thank-you!!

 In front of their 'NEW' school.

 All 3 holding hands going into the school.
Yes, this warms this mommies heart.  The really stick-up for each other and help each other out!!!

 By their lockers -- 

  Elizabeth and My Darling with their new teacher Mrs. A.
We met a week ago to discuss Elizabeth's needs AND I instantly felt at ease with this teacher.  She has brainstormed ways to work with her and help with transitions.  She went out of her way at open house, contacted extra support for her, and emailed me about their day!
The girls had a fabulous day!
  
When MD got the girls off of the bus, Elizabeth said, "Mrs. A -- she good!!"  She LOVED her day --- school isn't so bad!
My Darling said, 'It's going to be different than my old school -- BUT I like it!!! AND I LOVE my teacher!'

 The girls at their desks -- YES, for the first couple weeks they will be next to each other.  My Darling is a great helper BUT the other kids at the table helped Elizabeth as well.  Once Elizabeth gets used to the routine she will choose other friends, as well!

BaJabs at her locker.


BaJabs with her new teacher Ms. P
AND yes, I'm thrilled with this choice as well.  I did not know the 1st grade teachers very well and went with a recommendation.  BUT after I met her, she is really a GREAT match for our BaJabs.
She is VERY helpful, loving and motherly.  AND this is something BaJabs continues to need!!

Thank-you Lord!!

BaJabs at her table spot. 

All 3 girls rode the bus home.  
The bus went past our stop -- and had to back-up EVEN with MD standing at the stop waiting!
The girls thought it was funny :)

They had lunch and crashed!


Please join us in praying for our children!

  1. They would make GOOD choices!
  2. They would find and make GOOD and lasting friends!
  3. They would be protected from evil!
  4. They would learn what is expected and have FUN doing it!!!
  5. Elizabeth would be blessed to EASILY grasp the English language.
Our plan is to have an AWESOME school year!
It will NOT be perfect --
I'm sure it will have trials, changes, growth, tears AND fun!

P.S.  Many of you ask about the girls clothes -- all 3 picked their outfits this year!  I found Elizabeth's online (I did NOT make it).  I love the girl in the bus -- she is Asian.  I had someone make BaJabs' '1st grade Rocks' upcycle dress AT her request.  I LOVE it and thankfully, she did, too!  My Darling picked the '2nd grade is a Hoot' and I made the ribbon jean skirt to match.  Honestly, I think they looked adorable and their outfits really matched their personalities -- AND they chose them!

No comments:

Post a Comment