Monday, September 24, 2012

My Darling's Gotcha Day and Mommy's 40th B-day

  Happy Gotcha Day -- My Darling!!!

 I just have to share some pictures from that very first day --- in September of 2005

 She was SO scared!!!  AND SO very tiny -- only 11.5 pounds at 9 1/2 months.

 She had been ours for 4 hours -- she would NOT let go of the keys.  She had not made ONE sound or smiled.  Yes, I was scared, too!! Oh -- but she was just precious.

 I had to share this because this is just 4 days later -- could she be the same child?!  

And 
Here she is TODAY!
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL -- inside and out!

This young lady has forever changed our life!  She is full of spunk!  She LOVES life.  She has a ready smile -- and a quick wit to make us all laugh.  She is ready to make me laugh after a long day at work!  She is SOOOO smart!  She loves to read and write stories!  BUT what I love the most is her compassion for others.  She is so willing to help those that need help AND so concerned with others less fortunate.  She has been the best sister -- willing to share EVERYTHING when BaJabs came and again when she got a older sister.    Yes, this girl can give me a run for my money -- drama, drama -- BUT God blessed us the day He matched her to our family!

So -- today we celebrate!!!
We celebrate this day she was placed in our arms for the very first time!  
We eat Chinese food -- decorate Chinese -- wear classic Chinese clothes -- drink tea -- and give a little reminder of China!

Some of our family comes to celebrate!
Chicken and snow peas, beef and broccoli, homemade crab rangoons, watermelon, hot and sour soup AND tea -- yes, most of us use chop sticks.

 When I was in China I purchased 18 Chinese items for me to give her for each of her Gotcha days.
This year she got a glass bottle that is painted with pandas from the INSIDE.  I actually got to watch the man paint this!  It is beautiful.  AND of course this is something that is a special art form in China.

 AND
she got a jade bracelet with all the zodiac animals.

All 3 of our Chinese Princesses on this special day!

We also celebrate my birthday!
Yes, I turned 40!


I do not feel any older than I did yesterday!  
It is really just a number -- 
All these kids really keep me going!

 The girls love watching me open gifts. 
Everyone made my day special -- even at work!

 One of my gifts was an Under Armour sweatshirt I wanted!  I was very surprised!  Along with the newest addition to my nativity set, a few gift cards to STARBUCKS, perfume, new shoes and some money.

 My mom made me cream puffs -- my absolute FAVORITE!!!  Yes, they are barley free -- so I CAN EAT THEM and NOT get sick!!!

I finished the afternoon holding this sweetheart.

2 comments:

  1. you're a beautiful 40 year old -- and that 4 days later picture of Hannah is so unbearably adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks -- Shelly!! And I would agree about the picture! One of my favorites!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete