Sunday, July 6, 2014

Lake Ann Camp



This year we have 2 of our children that attended --

JM --  4th year
My Darling -- 1st year

  This is a camp I actually attended when I was in High School.  BUT the camp is SOOOO much bigger and nicer than when I attended.

We got up bright and early on Monday morning and drove the 2 hours to camp.  JM was so excited and My Darling -- well, she was a tad nervous.  AND actually, I was too!  I know -- I was excited for her, too BUT this was the first time I was leaving one of my girlies for A WEEK!!!!

JM with his sleeping bag.


I was able to meet both of the couselors.  Yeah -- that was good :)
AND
Before you know it -- I was putting them on the trolley to leave.

Trolley ride.

My Darling on the trolley.

JM on the trolley -- with My Darlings friend.

Right after that I found out we were invited to stay for a bit -- so, I was able to go to My Darling's cabin and to watch them take the swim test. 

Starting the swim test.

They just passed the swim test!

Finally, I decided it was best to JUST LEAVE!!!
Both kids VERY easily said, good-bye!

My Darling with her friend.

Thankfully, during the week the camp posts pictures of what they do.  I was able to see the kids in a few pictures.

My Darling playing games the 1st day.  She is in the background -- still a bit nervous.

 JM with the 'ORBS' -- you can't see his face just his orange shorts.

On Thursday I received a phone call from the camp nurse (who we actually knew well -- she used to babysit the kids.)  
Well, I HATE those calls.

She said My Darling wanted me to know that she was not feeling great.  She did have a mild fever and that they were going to have her sleep in the clinic.  
OK -- Oh, I just wanted to get in the van and get her.  BUT -- she was ok -- right????

Friday, I did not hear much until LATER -- which was she was STILL sick.  Her fever was back and all she wanted to eat was ice cream.  
My Darling almost never gets a fever! AND she does not eat ice cream!

GREAT -- now it is too late to go and get her because I am leaving very early in the morning to get both kids.

Yep, I was up early -- right before I arrived I got a text from the nurse that My Darling wanted me to pick her up in the clinic because she was feeling yucky!

When I got there JM came was waiting with everyone.  He had a GREAT time!!  He looked great.  But unfortunately, my mind was on My Darling.  JM and I went to the clinic.  AND oh, My Darling was sick.  I felt terrible for her.  I thought she might have strep ---  

I immediately text our doctor -- yes, she is a good friend of mine.  We were able to go directly to her house on our return home.  Well, my little girl just had to have something WEIRD!!!  AND she probably had it the day I dropped her off -- and she was probably contagious.  She had herpangina -- not from the herpies family! This is VERY painful as there are sores all over the inside of your mouth.  AND she had LOTS!!!  She could not chew or really eat.  I felt so bad for her.

We were able to get a prescription for the pain but since it is viral it had to just run its course.  AND it took another whole week!

I did ask her if she enjoyed her week.  AND even though she got sick at the end, she LOVED it!  She met some good friends.  She LOVED her counselor.  She went canoeing, learned new games, learned new songs and she learned about how to love God more.  She made everyone laugh!  Thankfully, she is so excited about going again next year.

My Darling playing games

JM had a great time as well.  He played lots of games, went on the challenge course, went to Sleepy Bear Dunes, learned about the 20 key words of the new testament and they learned about temptations and how to avoid them and living for God.    

Most of the kids from the week 3

It is a blessing to have the opportunity to send our children to a wonderful camp.  Not only do they learn about God but they have so much fun while doing it.  Thankfully, they also have great care -- a clinic staff that is wonderful and kitchen staff that makes wonderful gluten-free food!

No comments:

Post a Comment