Tuesday, November 11, 2014

New Members in the Family :)


NO -- it is NOT what you think!!!!!

Although,

I did swear I would NEVER have animals IN the house

If any of you know me -- well, I am a bit picky!!!
I do NOT like smells or messes!!!
Animals do BOTH!!

BUT

I decided to surprise the kids and do this!!!

I had a FB friend that was looking for a new home for some lizards.  She actually stated:   I have two leopard geckos that I want to give away including their habitat & everything they need. They are not really "pets" that you would handle but they are fun to watch, especially when they stalk insects. Easy care. They eat wax worms, but they prefer crickets.

AND I thought.....

'The boys would LOVE this.....and it is the perfect price!'

BUT 

I did not KNOW what they REALLY were!!!

Her husband came to deliver them at school -- yes, they were even delivered to me -- he said, "Why don't I bring them down to the farm.  It is a bit heavy."  I'm thinking --- 'Really??? What is so heavy about a little plastic aquariaum and 2 little lizards?'  
BUT 
I said, "Sure, that would be nice.  I'll call Matt to let him know you are coming."

Well, I'm a bit uneducated with these things BUT I did score BIG points!!!!

The boys could NOT believe I actually did this!!! 
They LOVE them!!!



About a month later another friend posted that her daughter had outgrown her guinea pig and was looking to find a new home -- everything included.

Yes, once again I thought .....

My Darling is ASKING and BEGGING for this.  She has even written a persuasive essay about getting a guinea pig for a pet.  It is top on her list for Christmas AND her birthday -- hmmm..... this is the perfect price to try it out!

SO, 

The animal was delivered to me at school! WOW -- even delivered!!!

I brought him home ---

SURPRISE!!!!

 Yes, I surprised her and made her close her eyes!!!

AS

 I carried him into the house.

She is a tad bit surprised!

Junie has now entered out home!



He is very LOVED!!!



The smell is not always great -- and you have to get used to the squeaks -- but all in all not too bad -- as long as I don't have to take care of them!!!

Cleaning the cage -- the least favorite thing to do!!!

Welcome to the family -- critters!

Yes, they even try to dress him.  He wiggles out after a bit ;)

Thank-you FB friends for providing our family with pets I NEVER would of done without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment