Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Break -- Day 4


Myrtle Beach -- Day 4

Today is going to be warm :)  sunny, 80 and a little breezy!!!

Oh, my -- I LOVE waking up to this view.  As soon as I wake-up I open the slider so I can HEAR those waves.  They are really such a balm to my soul!!! 

BaJabs said, "REALLY, mom -- crashing sounds are good for you???"
Me -- "Crashing?? The waves hitting water and the shoreline -- I don't know that sound is soothing to me. It reminds me of Gods power!"
BaJabs -- "ok -- "  Yes, she had this look like .... whatever you say, mom!


We started the morning with a visit from one of my childhood friends.  Her brother and sister-in-law came to SC to visit -- J & B live by my parents -- so, I get to see them weekly.  BUT since they wanted to come see Myrtle Beach with A.H. and her boys -- they stopped at our private beach to visit for a bit.

This was GREAT!!! A.H., my sister and I used to be at each others house EVERYDAY!!!  We had a path worn between our houses.  We played dolls, barbies, house, games and swam in the pool.  I remember being so bummed when they went on vacation because it would be soooo long before we would see her!  As we got older our interests and friends drifted apart BUT she is still special to me!
Thanks for making our beach one of your stops at Myrtle Beach!!!


While we were at the beach today we saw some BIG helicopters!!!
Yes, there is always helicopters touring people BUT these are different ;)  There were a couple times they were flying around.


The water seemed a bit cold and there are some kids with burns so they stayed covered.  They sat away from the ocean most of the time.  JM noticed some dolphins swimming close.  That was really cool to see.


After about an hour and half they all decided they were too hot and wanted to swim in the pool.  I was able to sit at the beach to READ and RELAX --- alone.  WOW!!!  That just doesn't happen much.  


After about another hour and half or two, MD came to check on me.  What a sweetie!  He said they had all eaten lunch and wanted to make sure I was ok with my blood sugar and all!!  Love the thoughtfulness of MD!!

Well, the whole CHEESECAKE ordeal!!!

I LOVE cheesecake -- and really love raspberry cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.  
So, when I was looking at the resturants around the area we were staying and saw The Cheesecake Factory show-up -- I was so excited.  AND cheesecake was on my brain!

On Wednesday evening we went looking and when our GPS said we arrived there was nothing but a mall.  So, MD and I ran inside to check.  Nothing!!  We asked a mall worker and he said it had not arrived yet.  The mall was remodeling and there was one coming but it had not opened yet.  Hmmmm..... there was even reviews online -- that was weird.

BUT

NO WORRIES!!!
There was supposibly another one -- the other direction -- about 20 minutes away.

SO

After the beach, lunch and rest time -- Matt decided to take us all for a ride to find some cheesecake.
There was LOTS of traffic.  
BUT -- for mommy's cheesecake ---
Well, that was ok ;)

When the GPS said we arrived ......

I could not figure it out!
NOTHING --- AGAIN!!

Then MD says, 'Oh, my!! Mom......It is the CheeseSTEAK factory!'

I just started LAUGHING!!! and LAUGHING!!!!
Which my children could not figure out!

I was so desperate for cheesecake -- both Matt and I did not realize when we typed into seperate GPS searches that Cheesesteak Factory came up!

Well --- no cheesecake for me this vacation ;(


No, we did NOT go in.  There was only OLD people in the resturant.  AND we were not planning on going out to dinner -- just grabbing dessert.  


There was still LOTS of traffic on the way back -- we still were laughing about the cheesecake ordeal AND then dad found ANOTHER outlet mall.

So -- of course we stopped to do a little shopping ;)

We got home a bit late BUT still made some dinner -- 
WITH 
ice cream for dessert!

The kids finished the night watching some youtube!
Now -- for some of you -- internet usage is not a big deal 
BUT 
we do NOT have unlimited at home -- AND they are loving being able to have lots of usage here.

ME -- I like it BUT will be glad when it is NOT so readily available for them at home! 

They are watching some goofy song videos by Rhett and Link!

Thank-you Lord for LAUGHTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment