Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Darling's School Concert


My Darling's 4th grade school concert

The Wild West

This is our first 4th grade concert at this school as the boys went elsewhere at this age.  So, I did not know what to expect.  BUT being an elementary teacher for so long -- well, I thought I had an idea!

Although, I was amazed.  There was only 1 student missing -- because of illness.  EVERYONE else showed up.  This is unbelievable.  So, I asked the music teacher about it.  She explained, she gives the students ownership.  She gives them the theme and they come up with what they want to perform.  So, the kids really WANT to be there in the evening to perform for the parents.  
Each group was unique and awesome!


The entire group singing together.


The entire group playing their recorders TOGETHER.


The catus and Wild Bill.


My Darling's 4th grade class playing the steel pan drums.  


My Darling with a couple of friends sang together with My Darling having a solo in the middle.  She shocked me!  Her voice sounded great!


A few of My Darling's friends wanted to do a tap dancing number.  Well, My Darling has NEVER tapped before but was willing to learn for this number.  Her friends taught her the number and she practiced LOTS --- but she did it!!!


One of the 4th grade classes did a light show.
This was amazing!
All the classes back on stage to say good-bye!

Thanks to Mrs. W. for all her hard work with the students.  
The love for music and the arts is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment