Sunday, January 8, 2012

Adoption Catch-up --- Update

"When do you leave for China?"
"How much longer?"
"Do you have HER, yet?"
"Are you still adopting?"
"Is she 'yours'?"
"Does she know you are coming?"
"Have you heard anything?"

     Yep, I have heard all those AND more -- 100's of times over the last 6 months. AND Yep, it's like when I was pregnant with the boys and everyone kept saying, "HOW MUCH LONGER?"  BECAUSE --  I never have a great answer.  Timing is somewhat of an unknown in adoption (as it was in my pregnancies because of my diabetes.)  The process is known just not the timing.  Yes, there are 'guesstimates.'  BUT that is just it -- it's a guess.  So, it seems every time I think I can make a reasonable -- EDUCATED answer of when we leave -- well, it changes.  Oh, I have a hard time with unknowns!  I LOVE structure and schedules!!!

THANKFULLY there is
     One for sure thing -- WE ARE ADOPTING ELIZABETH!

  
     Now for where we are at IN the process.  We have approval from BOTH countries that she is ours.  Some of that paperwork took a LONG time and some came back in record time.  Now, the final piece of paperwork needs to be issued from the American Consulate -- the Article 5.  The Article 5 then is couriered or cabled to the Chinese Government so we can get a TA (Travel  Arrangement.)  Once the TA has been issued then we can apply for our  CA (Consulate Appointment.)  Our Travel then is based totally around the CA. 

     According to our agency and others experiences with timing -- the Article 5 should be issued sometime in the next 2-6 days.  The estimates for waiting for a TA is 10 days to 3 weeks.  The estimates for a CA is 2 days after the TA is issued.  AND finally, we should travel about 2 weeks after the CA is issued. 

Did you get all of that?!  Yes, crazy!

     I hate to say this next part!!!  BUT my estimate is ........ to leave around Feb. 16.  Again, this is MY estimate NOT a for sure thing!!!  I would LOVE to go earlier BUT will deal with it if it is later.  Oh, am I praying that our paperwork moves FAST so we can go and pick-up this sweetheart.  This mama can't wait to kiss those cheeks. 




     I plan on using this blog to chronicle our trip to China.  One of the things that many people liked that we did when we traveled to get BaJabs was DAILY list praises and prayer requests.  So, I plan on doing that again.  When I do an adoption post I will give praises and requests.  THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY PRAISES!!!  I will be using the blog for other 'Woller World' events as well!  Why Elizabeth? blog entry is coming tomorrow!

PRAISES:
  • The LOA came back from China (their approval of us for Elizabeth) in RECORD time -- 41 days.
  • The doctors we have in our area that know how to treat Elizabeth and how excited they are to finally meet her.
  • Micah gets to go to China with us.  Someone VERY GENEROUSLY offered to pay for his plane ticket.  Micah was amazed that God answered that prayer!!  So, was I :) 
  • God has provided the money when it was needed -- again, I don't know how but it has always come.
  • ALL of the kids are so excited about Elizabeth.  They pray for her EVERY day. 
PRAYER REQUESTS:
  • All paperwork and appointments come back QUICKLY -- record time :)
  • Elizabeth will fit perfectly with our family -- her adjustment.
  • Elizabeth's care in China RIGHT NOW!!  I pray that she is being feed, loved and cared for!
  • The finances ---- this is still a big one. 
  • Our preparations to leave for China -- the 3 kids that are staying home; our jobs; packing; travel arrangements. 
     I thank YOU for joining us in praying for our family ESPECIALLY -- Elizabeth.  We know that without GOD none of this is possible. 

4 comments:

  1. Sarah I love your blog and I love your pictures. I think you are a very special family and I am sure God has shown you some very special blessings. Elizabeth is a lucky little girl!!! Amy Kidder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to love reading this blog. Looking for ward to going to China with you via this blog. Prayers coming your way. Mayme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend,
    You know I'll be reading every post, just like last time. :) I can't wait to meet Elizabeth. Your other 2 girlies have my heart and I'm sure she will too! All right, where did BAJABS come from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Sarah!

    You are getting SO close to meeting your beautiful 3rd daughter -- how great is that? (answer: GREAT!) Can't wait to follow your journey, and I am so happy for M that he is able to go with you, what an incredible experience it will be for him!

    How is it working with Lifeline? Do you have much contact with Amy?

    ReplyDelete