Monday, January 2, 2012

My Darling's 7th Birthday

Yes, My Darling's birthday is Jan. 1!  AND I can't believe she is 7.

She is certainly developing into a young lady.  She loves to read, write, draw, listen to music, sing and play dolls.  She is a great helper and encourager around the house.  She is the best big sister to BaJabs!  She has style -- picky about it -- but it's her!  She notices when someone needs a hug; leaves the sweetest notes around; prays for others AND makes us laugh every day! 

I continually thank God for blessing our family with her. 

She told someone just the other day she wasn't sure what to ask for this birthday because her Christmas was so wonderful :)  She just wasn't sure she needed anything else.  WOW!! REALLY??!!! 

BUT we started to plan the day and here is how it went!
We started with HER menu - homemade macaroni and cheese; homemade chicken salad; fresh fruit -- strawberries and pineapple; and some bread. 
Next, we opened some gifts.  She loved her panda wallet from Lauren and Jason -- along with her choice of books. 
The hot pink i-home to match the hot pink i-pod she got for Christmas was a hit -- Thanks nanny!  She also purchased hot pink ear buds with some money she got from Aunt Jeanne. 

BUT finally, after a year of talking about it -- she got a ......
VIOLIN!!!
I love this picture of her!  She's trying to get a 'good' sound!  Let me tell you -- it was better than me :)
Next, we had homemade ice cream, hot fudge and panda bear cupcakes.  Of course, her pick!

Finally, we had to do the traditional birthday pictures on the deck -- a bit cold today -- but we still did it!
AND
Oh, my... she is looking so grown-up!!!
And with her violin.  She starts lessons in about 2 weeks.  
AND FINALLY
This is the birthday hat.  It is a 'new' tradition started by nanny!  My Darling is the first to wear it! 

Happy Birthday, my dear!  My God richly bless you in the year to come! -- I love you! Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment