Thursday, April 19, 2012

ASPARAGUS!!!

YES!!!


ASPARAGUS is GROWING!!!

YES!!!

We had our first dinner with this wonderful vegetable!!!

 This is our favorite way to eat it!! 
Lite olive oil on the bottom -- little on top -- add some season salt, garlic and LOTS of Parmesan Cheese.
 
 AND put it under the broiler ON HIGH for about 5-6 minutes.

APRIL 17 -- REALLY -- I think this is about the earliest ever!

Even Elizabeth likes it -- she does NOT like the cheese!!!  BUT 'yum' to the asparagus!
 
NOW -- it is not for sale ---- yet!  Yes, it will be soon BUT it is not growing FAST because of these cold nights.  AND I did have to go to the warm spots in the field to get my pickings.  I picked about 10-15 pounds.

Just thought everyone would LOVE to see this wonderful part of our dinner!!


WE LOVE ASPARAGUS!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! I was just asking my dad on Tuesday when I could expect some asparagus. We only eat it fresh... so I hope for 6 weeks of daily asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you like asparagus, you might be interested in this collection of all things asparagus. Asparagus Food on Fridays

    ReplyDelete