Tuesday, April 10, 2012

March is Birthday Month

Yes, the Lord blessed March with the birth of THREE of our children. 

 BaJabs turned 6 on the 12th


My toothless wonder :)  She is growing so much.  She LOVES to be outside.  She has decided she does NOT like pink and that she is going to be more 'tom'boy. She is goofy and fun.  She has a lovely little voice and has made unbelievable progress this year in school.  All she wanted for her birthday was GIRL legos and a blue jean jacket :)  BUT  She is thrilled to still be my waawaa (baby!)  I LOVE YOU to the moon and back My BaJabs.

MD turned 15 on the 15th


WOW!! My son, it's been a BIG year.  The big transition from a small private christian school to public High School -- AND he has done wonderful -- straight A's.  He has grown -- of course bigger than mom and now taller than dad.  Yes, this boy can eat!  He is an unbelievable hard worker and LOVES the farm.  He is so helpful -- either on the farm with dad or with me in the kitchen.  I LOVE working side-by-side with him -- even though he is a messy cook :)  He loves music -- he does great on the saxophone and is now working on the electric guitar.  He was blessed (and us, too) with a BIG opportunity to travel with us to China.  He LOVED Shanghai and I LOVED being able to spend quality time with our first born.  He also has a special bond with Elizabeth BUT all three girls absolutely adore him.  AND he takes time with each of them.  AND that certainly warms a mom's heart.  BUT most important I know that my MD LOVES the LORD.  I love listening to him pray for others -- he has such compassion for others.  I love you dear son, and I pray daily that God uses you in a special way :)

AND
JM turned 11 on the 30th. 


My dear JM!!  Oh, how I love this boy!!  He is so creative.  He loves to draw and write.  He is in love with playing the trumpet.  He LOVES to practice (that didn't come from me -- did it?)  Yes, he LOVES video games AND LEGOS!!!  He loves to shoot hoops and ride his bike.  He STILL loves baseball the most.  This kid can certainly TALK -- and yes, I'm sure he got that one from me :)  He does great in school IF he could always hand his work in on time -- AND he has made HUGE improvements with that.  ALMOST all A's.  He can be such a 'dad' to the girls.  I know sometimes he has to be reminded that he's NOT the dad BUT he does it because he REALLY cares about them.  He is such a great big brother.  He has been so protective of Elizabeth -- "People, give her some SPACE."  I love it!!  I LOVE you JM -- I hope you have an awesome 11th year! AND I know that God will use you!



     So, how do we do the birthdays???  Well, on Matt's side there are 5 birthdays in the month of March.  We do monthly birthday parties.  It was a BIG party at our house.  We had 23 for dinner and the menu --- CHINESE!!  Yes, that was what everyone decided on.  So, I made a BIG Chinese meal --with some help from Matt's siblings!  We also had the traditional homemade ice cream and hot fudge.  Oh, and Aunt Kim added some homemade caramel.  YUM!!!  It was Elizabeth's first experience with EVERYONE!  AND she did great!

The extended family dishing up some Chinese.

4 of the 5 March birthdays' are kids.  LOVE this picture.  MD can be such a goof.  Elizabeth is peaking from behind Anna. 

Opening gift time is crazy! 

MONEY!!!  Yes, there was LOTS more.  JM had some specific items he wanted to shop for ---


    This year because we were in China during the month of March is was a tad different.  USUALLY, each of the kids get a special day as well AND we invite my family.  Which is MUCH smaller.  BaJab's had hers while we were in China.  MD and Joel kinda combined this year.  

My Darling and her message in her journal.

Opening a big gift -- a LARGE LEGO set --

The smaller LEGO set already together!!
     March is such a fun month with LOTS of celebration and now we've added a gotcha day to the mix.  BUT I'm glad to move on to April :)

No comments:

Post a Comment