Monday, August 6, 2012

Family visiting :)

FAMILY!!

We all used to live together in one house -- with ONLY one bathroom!
My mom, dad, me, my sister and my brother.
Yep, I was the oldest, 15 months later my sister came along and 5 ish years later my brother entered.
Now, my sister lives in New Jersey and both my brother and I in MI.  We don't get to spend lots of time together BUT really try to have the time available together to really count


So, this year my sister, her husband and their daughter M. came to Michigan for a long visit.  Both sides of their families live in MI -- so they were able to spend 2 weeks with everyone.  

We had a wonderful time visiting.  The girls LOVED spending time with M. and I'm sure she had a blast as well.  We were able to do a few different activities together and eat many meals.  It was just nice spending time.  

One of the special things that everyone wanted to do was have a bonfire, roast marshmallows AND have s'mores.  So, we did just that.  It was fun to do as an entire family BUT also to share one of Elizabeth's first.

The girlies waiting for PA to get the fire going

 Uncle Jason helping the girls out.

 Daddy helping Elizabeth eat her first marshmallow

 So Cute.

 Oh, I love this of daddy and Elizabeth

The girls being crazy with nanny

They were able to come and spend a day at our home.  They brought a new bracelet making activity book.  The girls were able to try their hand at making a new bracelet.  The girls LOVED playing dress-up and dolls.  It is amazing how well everyone played together.

Many princesses.

We spent some time at Lake Michigan.  As children we spent many days and hours at the lake.  My parents did not get a pool until I was beginning high school.  So, many memories are at The Oval.  We love taking the kids to experience the beach.  While they were visiting Lake Michigan was warm AND wavy!!!

 M. LOVED running free in the sand.  Many times she was tossing sand up in the air.  I love the happy carefree face!

 Aunt Shelly, BaJabs and M. working on a sandcastle. 

 Aunt Shelly and Elizabeth

Elizabeth LOVES the waves -- she is a bit to dare devilish for me :)
The waves even knocked me down and I lost one of my earrings.  
Elizabeth just laughs through it!!

Hannah, Uncle Jason and Aunt Shelly observing some treasures.

We also spent some time at my parents pool.  We had a few nice relaxing days at the pool after some nicely prepared meals.  

 Aunt Shelly and all of the girls.

Uncle Josh (my younger brother) and the girls battling!!! 

Finally, we were able to celebrate our moms birthday.  I prepared a nice Mexican meal while Aunt Shelly and M. made a wonderful peach cake.  Oh, so much better than the carrot cake last year -- that had double OR triple the salt :)  My mom and dad LOVE when we all get together.

 Some of the girls helping out nanny!

All the grandkids with nanny!

I'm so thankful they were able to come home and spending LOTS of time with us.  The kids LOVED it and so did I.  Can't wait until the holidays.  I hope it works out that they are able to come home for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment