Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lauren's Baby Shower


Lauren's baby shower!!

This is such an exciting time for all of us :)

AND

NOW I know many of you are wondering ...... 

'Who IS Lauren?'

Well, Lauren started babysitting for us when JM was VERY little.
Then after high school she lived with our family while she was going to college.
During the summers she was a nanny for another family for her JOB but LIVED with us.  She did this all but 1 summer.
She moved out -- at our request :) -- July 2006.  We really felt she was ready to live on her own.

Well, I was in an accident on July 4, 2006 (a terrible fall that involved a head injury) and while in ICU the Dr. informed my husband that I would not be able to handle taking care of a family without some help.

SO --- Matt called and asked Lauren to move back in with us.

WELL, she was a gem!!  MOST if not ALL people did not know that she ran most of our household that summer while I healed.  She DID NOT take the credit and made it look like I was doing things.

She was wonderful!  My Darling looks to her like a big sister -- as well as the boys.  She is KINDA like a daughter to Matt and I.  

Well, she got married in Aug. 2007 and moved about 12 miles away!  I know it's not far but it was an adjustment.  She got a teaching job at the school where the kids attended -- they LOVED that!

Well, her and Jason are expecting a baby girl the end of August!  AND we are beyond excited!

The church planned a beautiful and HUGE shower.
There was around 70 people in attendance.  The food was great, thoughtful of Lauren's food allergies, games were fun, and the gifts were over the top!

The girls enjoying the food!

 Some of the gifts.  By the time everyone arrived they were all over the floor as well!

 The Mommy Olympics!
Cleaning faces!

 Diapering!

 Tossing dirty diapers into the garbage!
SCORE!!!

Me with my girls!
AND yes, I made the matching dresses for the shower -- the baby will have one, too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment