Sunday, April 7, 2013

2013 Spring Break in Review :)


This was an unusual Spring Break for me.
Yep, I was SICK!

Not just, "oh, I'm not feeling so hot today."
BUT
"I don't think I can move or function --- today!"

Sometimes the LORD does things that we just don't like.  BUT we KNOW it is for our own good.
Well, HE slapped me up a bit ;)

Thankfully, the kids were extremely understanding.  
Actually, I think they enjoyed doing NOTHING -- 
PLANNED :)

The girls (and JM) played a lot with Legos;
put MANY puzzles together and the girls played dolls -- LOTS

ALL in pj's :)

The boys did work a bit at the farm, a bit.



AND
We did get a few projects done -- 
garage cleaned out, a couple closets and some paper catch-up.

I was able to get moving enough to go with the boys to GR.  
Matt and I took the boys to Cabela's with a small detour to Dick's for a new baseball mitt and out to dinner.
We  had a great time -- but boy, was I exhausted afterwards.




The girls and I took a trip to GR for Bajabs' new leg with a little shopping and lunch.  
AND
again, I was exhausted.




All in all I really needed a SLOWER week.  
We were going to go to Chicago -- but without Bajabs having a leg and a sick mommy ---
well, you know -- 
that would of equaled -- 
NO FUN !!!

This year my job has been challenging - for MANY reasons - 
and ALL out of my control.
Which is hard for me -- as I LOVE control :)

Yep, the LORD was teaching me this week......
"SLOW down when given the time to be slow.
You will need this time to relax so you can continue what needs to be done later."

I TRIED to listen ....
BUT was MADE to listen ;)

Pray that I can finish the school year -- STRONG!
Strong in many ways 
BUT especially in mind, attitude and my testimony.

Thank-you LORD for a week of lazy days!


No comments:

Post a Comment