Monday, April 1, 2013

EASTER!!!

Happy EASTER!!!

Praise God 
HE IS ALIVE!!!!

2013 Easter morning picture 

Easter is such a special time for me.  
This holiday is a time for me to remember what Christ did for ME ---

His son DIED for me
BUT
was VICTORIOUS
and ROSE from the DEAD on the 3rd day --- EASTER morning!

I am amazed and humbled!

So, with that being said -- I really don't like doing the 'egg' thing :(
I'm sorry -- I'm a party pooper!!!
Yes, I still did it because the kids love it!
I got it ready and Matt colored eggs with the kids.
(REALLY, I'm sick -- so, it was an easy out ;))

 Egg coloring time :)

 JM helping and MD --- yep, texting ;)

My crazy daughter who LOVES vinegar -- yes, Elizabeth tried it -- she spit it out FAST!

We attended church in the morning.
It was WONDERFUL!
The worship service was amazing, the drama with all of the disciples was great and the sermon was spot on!
EVEN though I had to sit out back and listen because of my coughing -- it was still a special time.


When we got home -- we did the 'HUNT!'

They girls get sooooo excited --

22 REAL eggs and 8 plastic eggs -- 
7 with $1 and 1 with $5.

EVERYONE gets to find 6 eggs.




Daddy Easter Bunny did play a trick on them -- well, it really fell on JM.
 Yes, there is an egg hiding somewhere -- close!

 We had to 'hot and cold' it for JM to find it ;)

That tricky daddy!

EVERYONE has their OWN basket.

 My Darling!

 BaJab's!

Elizabeth!

No worries -- the boys had baskets, too!  MD had an I.O.U. as part of his did not arrive, yet!  YIKES!!!  AND they are not as into pictures as the girls ;)

FUN!!!

AND then we are off to my mom and dad's for dinner.
We had a GREAT meal and a fun, relaxing time with family.

Daddy and Elizabeth enjoying some cuddling on Nanny's couch!

 MD -- yes, I caught him texting --- AGAIN!!!  But I wasn't fast enough to snap the picture!

I caught My Darling sneaking some more of Nanny's yummy cake!  AND yes, it was gluten-free.  DELICIOUS!

Finally, back home to watch the basketball games!

Most of the family finished off the night with a spring concert at church.
It really was a great day celebrating the 
Resurrection of my KING!

No comments:

Post a Comment