Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day!!!

Yes, I know this is a special day for mom's!!!
Yes, our children are suppose to do special things for us -- whether fixing a meal, buying a special gift or going somewhere -- REALLY, anything to make her feel appreciated!

AND

Yes, my children and husband did that :)

BUT

I will get back to that .......  in a minute.

On this Mother's Day 

I want to take a moment to thank my heavenly Father for allowing me the privilege to be a mom.

Yes!
Many, many years ago we were told we may not have children.  AND yes, it took a long time.  
Thankfully, God so generously blessed us with two boys from my womb --- 
AND
years later kept throwing blessings upon me by allowing me to be the mother  of three precious girls from my heart!

WHY ME????
Yep, I've asked that :)
I still don't completely know.  

BUT

No matter the reason, I'm thankful.

I know as a mom there is soooo much to do ...
cook, clean, taxi drive, counsel, cuddle, organize/plan our busy life, attend many events, encourage, listen, teach, tutor, referee, LOVE, and oh, so much more!

BUT

The rewards are priceless!

MD -- the chats, hugs, DAILY asking ME about how my day of teaching went, loving to COOK -- oh, that helps me sooo much!  He sibling sits, loves farming and is just a fun kid!

JM -- keeping me up with ALL the sport scores -- yes, this helps me :)  Jokes, stories, dishwasher duty and still wanting to cuddle -- I know, I know it won't last too much longer BUT I'm thankful, still!

Elizabeth -- my crazy, goofy one!  Yes, she knows it and LOVES it.  She loves to try to get me before I get her -- with tickles, taps and pinches.  She LOVES a good tickling match.  She tells me all the time, "Momma, this food soo good.  This my new favorite!"  She amazes me daily with how much she has come through with a SMILE!

My Darling -- my professional talker!  This girl MAKES me laugh every day!  She has the wittiest way of talking -- she KNOWS she is getting  a laugh! She is so helpful with her sisters -- Ms. Boss.  Hmmmmmm..... where did she get that? ;)  I LOVE her stories and pictures that I find ALL over the house.  A MILLION journals with the craziest stories ---LOVE!!

AND BaJabs -- Ms. Cuddles!  My sensitive one.  It doesn't matter the kind of day you have had -- she loves being close.  This girl gives an AMAZING foot rub.  AND she has the best laugh ever!!!  AND once My Darling gets her going she CANNOT STOP :)  Yes, I have to forbid laughing some days!!!!

Who would NOT want this????
One of the greatest blessings was when the Lord made me a mom!!!

Yes, My Darling and I have matching dresses -- I PURCHASED from MOMI BOUTIQUE.  I made the matching skirts for Elizabeth and BaJabs.  

The kids along with dad, succeeded with dinner today -- with a tad bit of help from me ;)  I really don't like to go out to eat on Mother's Day.  

Apple/Onion with rosemary pork loin in the crock pot, cheesy potatoes, broiled asparagus, pineapple with gluten-free angel food cake and Nicaragua coffee for dessert!

They showered me with gifts as well!
The girls could not wait! 


My Darling and Elizabeth gave me 
The top 10 reasons why I love my mom!
Elizabeth's top 10:

10 I love my mom because she reads me "Meridith's wish."
9 I love my mom because she helps me get my clothes.
8 I love my mom when she laughs by tickling me
7 I love my mom because she taught me how to talk English.  (tears)
6 I love to hear my mom sing -- (now I'm laughing)
5  I love my mom because she finds time to clean the kichen. (her words)
4 I know my mom cares because she bought me a bike.
3 I know my mom is smart because she goes to school.
2 I love my mom because she works so hard at school
1 I love my mom because she's the BEST MOM EVER!!

I'm reading the card aloud.  Elizabeth could barely wait.  She held the present secret for 5 days and it just about did her in ;)

My Darling's top 10:

10 I love my mom because she reads me Dr. Seuss.
9 I love my mom because she helps me clean my messy room.
8 I love my mom when she makes me laugh by singing and dancing.  (YEP, I do this)
7 I love my mom because she taught me how to cook yummy food.
6 I love to hear my mom laugh at me.
5 I love my mom because she finds time to cuddle with me.
4 I know my mom cares because she spends time with me.
3 I know my mom is smart because she works at school and is a great mom.
2 I love my mom because she works so hard at making everyday great!
1 I love my mom because she's the BEST MOM EVER!!

And then they gave me picture frame magnets!
And some great COUPONS!!!

BaJab's wrote a story.
My Mother:
A True Story

My mom really likes to read (YEP).  My mom always forgets to grab her phonoe (her spelling AND yes, this is true).  My mom is happy when I obey her.  My mom's favorite color is purple (YEP!)
I love when my mom takes me on a tirp.  My favorite thing about my is that she  is pretty.  My favorite things to do with my mom are go out to dinner and go out for moveys.
My mother's hair is black.  My mom's eyes are brown (nope).  She is as tall as a stop sign (snort, snort -- NO) My mom looks the best when she wears her blue dress (I don't have one!)

AND the last two pages are pictures!



YEP, my purse is huge and loaded :)

BaJabs also gave me a great flower pen in a pot of coffee bean dirt! FUN!

 ALL Priceless!!!

The boys purchased the best card about being the glue that keeps the family together -- yep, they are STUCK to me :)
They also got me a great Tupperware item I wanted (Thanks for the hint to them nanny! -- NO I didn't tell her to do that!!!  BUT it was a wonderful surprise!)

AND

My husband who again, thanked me for being a great mom!
He picked out TWO beautiful hanging flower baskets to go on my front deck!


I'm SURE you ALL would agree ......
I am so BLESSED!


No comments:

Post a Comment