Saturday, August 31, 2013

Good-bye Summer!!!


Unfortunately, we HAVE to say good-bye to SUMMER!

This summer I had a great time with the kids!

** Elizabeth got lots of therapy and had surgery.

** The boys worked on the farm, each went on a ministry trip and to Lake Ann Camp.

** The girls read books (mommy read LOTS), played games and helped me do LOTS!

**We all cuddled -- went to the beach SOME and made MANY trips to GR for doctor appointments.

** We caught up on all the normal appointments -- like everyone to the dentist, eye doctor, hair cuts, etc.

**We went to the movies.

** We did some projects around the house (more on those in this blog post)

** We had fun shopping and going to art fairs.

** We had a WONDERFUL family vacation.

But now -- we have to get back to school!

SO -- we decided to do one more picnic and enjoy one more afternoon around our beautiful state!

We went up to Ludington and had a very nice picnic.


We enjoyed the sun -- even though it was WINDY!

My Darling loves to take pictures -- Me and my sweetie!

The three girls waiting for daddy and MD to come back from the van so we can walk the pier.  This is Elizabeth's first time really walking with her leg -- she is a bit sore still.

 Loving this day -- he is so cute!  Of course he had to have is ipod -- NOT!

So handsome!

I LOVE this man!  We were thrilled he had the day off so we could enjoy this time as a family!

The girls loving playing in the sand!

We walked out to the Lighthouse.

I LOVE how MD is so loved my his little sisters.  BaJabs and MD have a special bond.

 JM acting out his version of American Ninja on the lighthouse. HAHA

 The beautiful lighthouse -- this pier is 1/2 mile long.

Our gorgeous children!

The walk proved too much for Elizabeth so MD carried her the remainder of the way to the van.  She is kissing him on the cheek in this picture. Awwww....

We had a MARVELOUS ride -- just enjoying and viewing God's beautiful world!

AND 

Ended the day with ice cream!


We can now say ---

Bring on the routine, schedules, homework, and early mornings!!

WE CAN DO THIS!

Really -- I have to praise GOD because I am blessed to have 9 weeks to spend immersed with my children at home. 
 Yes, I KNOW God has called me to teach for this time BUT I am so thankful to have these summer months to JUST be a mom ;) 
 I LOVE IT!!!  
I REALLY LOVE BEING WITH MY KIDS!   

No comments:

Post a Comment