Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

From our family to yours!



We have so much to be thankful for this year.

We live in a free country where we can worship freely!  Thank-you Lord!
We have an abundance of food!
We have a beautiful and WARM home!
BOTH Matt and I have good jobs one that includes GREAT insurance!
We have a great family!

I'M THANKFUL FOR......
MD who is so willing to help out -- with the younger kids, dinner and chores!

JM who has been encouraging me and doing thoughtful things for me the last month when things have been hard at work.  He is so perceptive!

My Darling -- oh, that girl!  I am so thankful for her spunk and enthusiasm!  She definitely keeps us all going especially in the laughter department!

BaJabs --  I'm so thankful that she is blossoming this year.  She's learned to read and write AND LOVES it!  She LOVES school and is making great friends.  That warms my heart!



AND

Elizabeth -- I'm so thankful for this addition to our family!
She is crazy!!!  FUN!!!  She has the best smile and attitude.  She's tried so many new things in the last 8 months.  She takes everything in stride!  She does not complain -- she tries everything -- BUT tells us if she likes it or not!
She can WALK!  Thank-you LORD!  

OF COURSE --

I'm so thankful for my husband.



He is the BEST dad ever!
He puts up with my obsessions of cleanliness and organization!
HE IS FINALLY FOLLOWING THE CALENDAR :)
He loves me -- no matter what  -- AND I know some days are hard than others! 

FINALLY -- and most important 
I'm thankful for my salvation and this life HE chose for me!
This is NOT the life I planned but I'm so thankful HE saw more.  WOW -- it's a GREAT adventure!
THANK-YOU LORD!

We had a wonderful day at my mom and dad's house.

We ate GREAT food!
My mom cooked a tasty turkey, sweet potato casserole that was delicious, mashed potatoes and gravy, AND made the BEST gluten free stuffing ever!!!  OH -- and she made a lemon meringue pie for the first time -- YUMMY!  
My brother brought the fruit, my grandma her famous bean salad and I brought another salad -- I did PROVIDE the gluten free bread for the stuffing BUT mom made it taste delicious!

The girls made some ornaments.

The boys watched football.
BUT 
took many breaks.

My brother brought some sponge capsules for the girls.

This is something so simple BUT Elizabeth had NEVER done anything like this -- and LOVED it.


The kids also played LOTS of Connect Four.
JM is pretty much the BIG winner!

AND

of course, they had to play a game of Scrabble.
MD won!



The kids surprised me with some wonderful pictures my aunt snapped of them when she was home.  They are GREAT!!!  I can't wait to post some.  

I was able to fit in a nap next to the fireplace and search the ads for some of the Christmas items I need.

It was a great day with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment