Sunday, September 22, 2013

41 really isn't too bad ;)


Happy Birthday to me!

YES, I'm 41.

I really can't believe it!
I don't feel old at all -- thankfully!
My mom made me my favorite -- cream puffs!

ALTHOUGH

I do remember when my parents were this age and I thought:
THEY ARE SOOO OLD!

My children have assured me they DO NOT think that!
HAHA

Yep -- This is NOT the life I saw for myself --

BUT
It is SO MUCH BETTER!

God knew me better than I knew myself.  
HE gave me 5 amazing kids -- 2 of my womb and 3 of my heart, a wonderful husband, a beautiful home, a job that provides so much, a fabulous church family --
AND
 ENDURANCE, PATIENCE and JOY!

NOW don't get me wrong ---
I'm heavier than I would like -- have little ME time -- Yes, I do have special needs children who need extra care -- My house is NOT perfectly clean and organized anymore -- I have NOT accomplished my entire BIG to do list!  
BUT
I'm fairly healthy -- even with Type 1 Diabetes!  I can get around!  I have traveled -- I can read and talk and DO -- I'm BLESSED with soooo much!

INCLUDING

A very generous and thoughtful family!


My children gave me a gift card for Starbucks --- yum!

My brother got me this Wonder Women card --

My parents gave me BIG soup pot!  I know crazy that I didn't already have this -- mine was SMALL!

AND

My husband -- well, he gave me a NEW SERGER!!!

I had to close my eyes until he was ready!

I could NOT BELIEVE IT!

 OH, MY GOODNESS!

WOW!

Yes, I needed a new one BUT I did not think he would look for one and purchase it on his own.
It is WAY better than the one I would of bought BUT he did it! 

I can't WAIT to really sit down and USE it!

So -- 41 years -- yep, they have been pretty good.  Problems -- well, of course.

  BUT

Thankfully, my LORD has seen me through.  AND I trust the next year AND many more to come -- well, my LORD will continue to see me through and guide me to lead the life HE sees fit for me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment