Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Darling's Gotcha Day #8


8 years ago My Darling joined the Woller family!

It was a VERY hot day.  
There were 17 other families with us -- sharing in our joy 
AND us with them
as we were ALL adopting little girls.

Waiting for the babies to arrive.

All 18 families that we traveled with.

Matt and I were so excited AND nervous!!


My Darling was SO scared!

This picture still brings tears to my eyes!  I was SOOOO happy -- but look at her.  She was sooo scared BUT she never made a sound -- for 2 days!  

She was all that I'd prayed for and MORE!!!


Healthy 

She was LITTLE -- only 11.5 pounds at 9 1/2 months. BUT she ate good and looked good.

The sad -- blank look WITH the famous keys.  These were in her constant possession for MONTHS!

A REAL birthday and note from birth-mom

quick bonding


AND

tiny!!!
YES, I actually prayed for that :)


Within days she looked AMAZING!!!

4 days after she was placed in our arms.

Fast-forward to.....

Today --

She is grown up to be a fabulously, amazing young lady!


She is beautiful -- inside and out!
FULL of spice, laughter and WORDS -- lots of them!

She loves to play the violin, sing, read and write stories.

She is a total ham -- and gets joy by getting others to laugh.  She prefers to stay home and does not like large groups of people.  She still needs that BEAUTIFUL Chinese blanket I bought in China -- that was SUPPOSE to be for show -- you know -- like hanging on the back of our rocking chair. 
 BUT 
of course it became her 'B'!

She opened our eyes to the life of orphanages and God used her to give Matt and I a heart for girls in Chinese orphanages.

She prayed right along with us when we adopted the two more girls.
  AND 
when they came home she was integral in helping them adjust.  


We celebrated My Darling today!  

We dressed in Chinese clothing.

We had a great Chinese meal!


She opened her Chinese gift --- 2 of them.
YES, when we went to China I purchased 18 + items that were particular to the culture.  AND the plan is to give her 1 or 2 each 'gotcha day.'



This is a wooden stamp that was made for her with her American name written in Chinese.

Matt and I are so thankful that God chose our family for My Darling!

Our first AMAZING trip to China allowed for us to go to the Great Wall the day before My Darling joined our family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment