Monday, January 27, 2014

I LOVE snow days!


YES, I LOVE snow days!!!

Yes, this is right down the road from us.  LOTS of drifting and roads CLOSED!

I LOVE having all of my children HOME ---

4 of the kids playing a game -- MD is STILL in bed!
OH, and YES, I let my kids stay in their pj's ALL day :)

You know -- it's an UNEXPECTED  -- UNPLANNED day 
A day that changes the plans -- and allows us to STAY HOME!!!

So -- YES, I LOVE these days!!!

Although, this year we have gotten an unbelievable amount of snow!!!


Elizabeth and I are pretty much stuck at home BUT we are loving all of the days that the other kids get to stay home with us.

We have gotten SO much done!

BOTH

Inside  

 LOTS of dusting!  We all work TOGETHER to get our jobs done!

 A beautiful CLEAN girls bedroom -- all dolls DRESSED, clothes away AND closets cleaned out!  AMAZING -- no worries, it won't stay this way ;)

Cleaning out their 'special boxes.'

and 

Outside!

 LOTS and LOTS of snow on the roof!

 The boys worked HARD-- and thankfully with a good attitude!

MD finished the garage roof!

We are so thankful for the tractor -- otherwise our LONG driveway would be LOTS of physical work!

We have done LOTS of baking!

Gluten-free cinnamon rolls -- Thanks Mindie for the recipe!

We LOVE to do arts and crafts!




There is games --

Reading

Yes, even in the bathtub -- My Darling reading to Elizabeth!

AND

some writing!

My Darling LOVES to write stories -- hmmmmm......she's already asking about her own blog ;)

WOW -- some great days --

Really -- this snow is beautiful!

Our front side yard.

At the farm.

EVEN if it's terrible to drive in and too cold to play outside in.

This is the school where I teach -- The drifts are past the windows.  This made the national news.

God really knows how to make this world look gorgeous -- 

Thank-you Lord for these special days!

Our backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment