Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy #2 Gotcha Day -- Elizabeth


Happy 2nd Gotcha Day -- Elizabeth!!

WOW!!

We have been blessed to have this little girl for 2 years

AND

Amazingly, she has accomplished SO much!

We adopted Elizabeth when she was 7 1/2 years old.
She was a scared little girl on day #1!

The ladies from the orphanage just handed her to me.

I think she cried for an hour straight -- 
she kept moaning in Chinese, "I want to go back to the orphanage."

She is crying -- and I just keep talking calmly to her and smiling -- my heart was breaking for her.  I knew she was just so scared.  I cried later-- alone!

It was about the sadness thing I'd ever heard!!
MD was with us and after about 40 minutes he had to walk away because he was so emotional. 
It was really a very hard day!

Walking out to the bus -- she was finally ok with us -- really the ipad won her over!

You can read all about that first day here:

Kind of got a smile once on the bus.

We arrived home 9 days later ON MD's birthday.
She had bonded so well with Matt, MD and I
BUT she was not so sure about everyone else.
She actually threw a temper tantrum in the airport.

 Leaving Hong Kong!

Arriving in Michigan.  Look at how sweet BaJabs and My Darling look!!  Elizabeth was NOT PLEASE with them.

BUT

By the next morning we had a new girl --
REALLY thanks to My Darling and BaJabs.
They are amazing sisters!!!

This was actually first thing in the morning!  Already checking out the dress-up clothes.

In the last two years Elizabeth had 5 surgeries.  YES, there is still more coming!
She learned to swim.
She speaks FLUENT English -- yes, she has a bit of an accent BUT I LOVE it!!!
She had NEVER been in school before coming to the U.S.A. and even though she is in 2nd grade for year #2 she is making amazing progress.  
She can read.
Her handwriting is amazing -- yes, with only a total of 5 fingers --
She is LOUD -- FUN -- and CRAZY!!!
She has made great friends.

AND

God has given this girl the MOST AMAZING spirit.
The surgeries alone have been difficult. 
This girl does NOT complain!!!
Well, ONCE -- "Mom, I can't cuddle with you in this big cast!"
BUT
Really, she is full of smiles 90% of the time.

Love this smile!

We are so thankful God led us to find Elizabeth -- YES, she is a child I found -- and FELL IN LOVE WITH!

This is the very first picture I ever saw of Elizabeth!  My heart melted at her smile!

God blessed our family with her -- she brings happiness and joy daily!
She makes us giggle with her words and attempt at jokes.
She AMAZES us with her perseverance and creativity on HOW to do things!
She as an attitude bigger than life at times -- BUT this will get her far.
She also has a soft heart -- she cares about her friends still left at the orphanage -- and yes, I've heard many stories about them. BUT she is also soft to what God wants of her --

We celebrated this day she entered our life!

All of us dress in our Chinese clothes and jewelry.

We had a wonderful Chinese meal and just celebrate Elizabeth!


No comments:

Post a Comment