Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, MD!!!


Happy Birthday to our oldest!!

I really can't believe I have a 17 year old.


OF COURSE -- I love this kid to the moon and back!!!

MD is fun AND crazy!
He does know when to turn it off -- thankfully ;)
He is an amazing helper both at home and on the farm.
He actually loves doing BOTH!
He is AMAZING in the kitchen.
There are actually some dinners the kids would rather MD cook!
He is a GREAT brother --
Yes, he can be a complete tease 
YET
ALL 3 girls ADORE him.
JM, too -- at least most of the time ;)
He even happily helps me taxi kids around -- even to violin lessons!


He does tend to be our homebody child ---

BUT

This year he decided to try something new.  He tried out for the varsity baseball team.
Yes, he played baseball through middle school but took a few years off.
He decided to give it a shot -- Well, he made it!
He is working hard to get back in shape and 'remember' everything.


Picture taken by Christi Marsh

ALTHOUGH

The best part is MD loves GOD and is not ashamed.
He LOVES worship team in the youth group.
He loves ministry trips -- this year he is going to Puerto Rico.
He has a magnetic joyful personality and an heart for those less fortunate -- 

His new Bible from Other nanny and pa -- yes, he asked for one.

I feel blessed to be his mom -- I thank God daily for allowing me to be his mom.

Even though we have 3 birthdays and a Gotcha Day celebration in the month of March, we do take time to celebrate EACH child individually.

MD's celebration was on Sunday.

MD picked the menu:
**Fish -- on the grill with wonderful spices
**red potatoes with summer squash, onions and zucchini all rolled into foil and slow baked in the oven
**a nice salad with strawberries, pecans and feta cheese
**Cheese cake for dessert drizzled with homemade caramel

Dinner time.

Yes, I made it.

It was delicious.  He said it reminded him of summer ;)

We had a nice time of opening gifts.

A new case for his Surface 2 tablet -- 
and 
a movie

 A new shirt -- He has this goofy face because he is teased at school for having so much orange AND mom goes and buys him ANOTHER shirt with orange -- I did not know someone had just said, "I bet you're going to get something orange!"
Hey, I thought it was his favorite color!

Cards are a big deal to MD -- My brother got him a perfect card that made him laugh hysterically -- although, my mom gave him something VERY serious -- MD reads it in the right 'voices' which makes it VERY comical for us!

FINALLY,

We finished off the afternoon with the yummy dessert I had to make TWICE.

First time around -- YUCK!  The girls ate the crust -- the only thing that was any good.

For some reason the first time it did not work -- I have NEVER had this happen to my cheesecake.  The second one was made VERY early Sunday morning and it turned out WONDERFUL!


Happy Birthday my son!
I pray God's richest blessings on you this next year.
I pray for good health, protection from the enemy, clarity to make wise decisions especially during your senior year in high school, great opportunities, and for you to be surrounded with great friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment