Saturday, May 17, 2014

Girls on the Run


My Darling's first 5K run


I love that she was willing to try something brand new!
My Darling is not big about sports -- BUT she decided to try out 
Girls on the Run

Twice a week for 1 1/2 hours after school since March the girl's met in teams to talk about GIRL POWER, run and train for the big day.

Well, Saturday May 16 all the schools in the county that participated gathered at Heritage Landing in Muskegon to run. 


I think My Darling was a bit nervous 
BUT
also so excited!!!

We met our group --

All the girls sign each other shirts 

My Darling with her cousin M.

We got an ALL Montague group shot -- AMAZING how many girls in our small school participated!

WOW! -- My Darling is by the 'T' in Montague.

AND

This is My Darling's running small group!


AND

The cousin's with Aunt Sara -- the organizer at Montague for Girls on the Run


They all get called to the line ........

And they are off!
ALL 1200 girls -- along with many adults!


She did an AMAZING JOB!
She ran with her cousin the entire time.

Go My Darling and M.  YOU ARE ALMOST DONE!!!

They ran the race in about 24 minutes.  

Just crossed the finished line and got her bag and a banana!

Really, this was a GREAT event!!!
She thinks she might actually like running, now!

We finished our morning by having a nice breakfast together.

Hot Chocolate -- on a cold morning!
YUMMY! 

Yes, she ate ALL of it!

Totally, loved having this special time with My Darling!



No comments:

Post a Comment