Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend


This weekend was nice.

A beautiful weekend to remember and be thankful for all that was done so that we can live in a free country!  Thank-you to all that have and continue to serve and protect our country.

It was also a beautiful weekend to just be together and get some stuff done!
The kids and I did some work around the yard.
I finally can admit -- I really don't like outside manual labor. 
I WISH I DID!!!
I LOVE the way the flower gardens look and I would LOVE to have a gorgeous plush yard!
BUT
Well, I just don't like doing it!

I've tried --- yes, tried to enjoy doing.  I thought I would just keep giving it another chance and the hard work would be enjoyable because of the pay-off.  

NOPE!!!

I'm more of a creative type --- sew, read, design, write.

YES -- I know things have to be done -- but I'm no longer going to force myself to make a hobby out of something I just don't enjoy doing!!!

ENOUGH of that!!!

Matt and MD worked long hours on the farm.  Farming does NOT take a vacation or holiday.  This is crazy busy time -- and you just have to roll with it.  Asparagus is growing, crops need to be planted and animals fed.  In this kind of weather -- well, it is just crazy!

We all enjoyed a nice bonfire at Aunt A. and Uncle M. with lots of friends.


Hotdogs and s'mores on the fire are just YUMMY!

 Elizabeth enjoying her s'more -- she had 3!!!

MD with a GORGEOUS face, eating his s'more.

BaJabs is soooo happy!

We finished the weekend with the first swim of summer in Aunt A. and Uncle M's pool!

They are so excited -- they think it is cold -- 80 degrees!
Yes, the kids were so excited. 


Having a nice long weekend is kind of a tease to summer break.  
The kids (well, and mommy, too) are really excited for vacation to start --
the count down has begun! 

The look on our deck during the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment