Friday, March 23, 2012

We are home!

She did amazing.
THANK-YOU LORD -- and all for praying!
NOT perfect by any means BUT really, so much better than expected :)
The flight -- oh, is it grueling.  LONG!!!  UNCOMFORTABLE!!! 
BUT the end result is HOME!!!  
So, of course, it's worth it!!!

HONG KONG -- We got to the airport fine!
Checked-in
Security -- All my medical stuff got searched!  NEVER has happened before!
THANKFULLY, I had a medical letter!!!
Flight -- on time!
Yes, I got picked AGAIN, getting on the flight, to get searched!!
MD did NOT sleep -- He loved watching AMERICAN TV/movies!!!
Me -- about 3 or 4 hours of sleep; Matt -- about 2 hours; Elizabeth about 5 or 6 hours.
 
 Our ride to the airport -- yes, you should be able to see Elizabeth in the window.

Waiting in line to check-in -- in Hong Kong!
 
Elizabeth on the airplane.  Only 1 brief time of tears AND it was about her brace!  She wanted to wear it!  I think it was her comfort.
She was happy most of the time and slept on MATT!!!  He LOVED it!
 
CHICAGO --- Immigration -- FAST
Customs -- FAST
Connecting flight to GR -- 3 1/2 hour wait -- DELAYED because of oil leak -- WAIT -- a new plane!!!! YEAH!

 Waiting for our connecting flight.  She is showing off her McDonald's Happy Meal Toy!  It's a Little Pony -- yes, she LOVED it!

Arrival in GR -- only 45 minutes late BUT Elizabeth doesn't know what is about to happen!

It's NOT pretty!!!!

When we start walking -- I can't wait to see the three kids!!  
Elizabeth starts to melt-down!
Matt and I take turns hugging the kids, my parents and Lauren.
BUT Matt has to carry Elizabeth SCREAMING out to the van.
I handle luggage -- 
2 made it -- 2 are MISSING!!! YIKES!
Of course, Elizabeth's and mine!
NOT going to worry -- I NEED Starbucks!
They say it will come in 1 - 5 days. 

Yes, she's been crying.  It's just me and her -- hiding.

Me getting a chance to love on the kids.
 
Nanny brought 'THE BIRTHDAY HAT' for MD and the milk he couldn't wait to drink -- and of course, a cupcake!
 
The girls tried so hard.  I LOVE My Darlings look here :)  The girls were so patient with Elizabeth.  They never got upset about her reaction.  They tried -- she was mad -- so, they gave her a bit of space.  
 REALLY -- it was better than BaJabs!  She actually kicked My Darling when she got off of the plane. 

Elizabeth is MAD in the car.  
She did go in the car seat -- WOW!!
She held my hand -- willingly.
She would NOT look at anyone -- not even the movie, TANGLED.
BUT -- she would STEAL looks at me and the movie.  
She was SCARED!!!  Who wouldn't be -- right!  
We look weird -- eat weird -- car seats -- fast driving -- movies in cars --
NONE of that happened in her life BEFORE!

We pull into our driveway.
Matt announces -- "WE ARE HOME!"
Park
We all get out -- 
Elizabeth walks in FIRST!
And......

She looks around -- and LOVES it! 
My Darling is GREAT with her!!!  Patient, guiding her, showing her stuff.
The girls show her some toys -- they play -- LAUGH -- giggle!!
Elizabeth even shows the girls some of her stuff -- her McDonald's Happy Meal Toy!

 Playing -- exploring.

 Yes, this is about 10 minutes after we walk in the house.
AMAZING!
 
Elizabeth showing the girls her STUFF!
She's telling them about it in CHINESE!
 
Upstairs -- took a bit!  
She LOVED her OWN bed!!!
Yep, she even slept there the first night!

Her bed -- we all spent some time in there. 
 
The handshake.
 
A VERY late night!
All went to bed after 11:30.

All asleep!  
 
I could NOT sleep!!!
I did LOTS of laundry and sorted through backpacks and the guys' luggage.
I went to bed around 3:30 am. 
Around 6:30 she woke -- SCREAMING!!
Really -- very short lived.  
We cuddled, in her bed.
She relaxed BUT there was NO going back to sleep.
So, all the girls on the couch watching cartoons.  
Cuddle time!!!

Sorry, no cuddle pictures as no one else was awake BUT really this is about an hour after they got up.  
Is she really the same girl that got off of the airplane???
 

     Yes, I know it's been a week!!!  Please don't worry -- we are alive and doing well!  I will update over the weekend :)  I can't seem to get on top of things!  The time change (from China to here) has been the hardest for ME!! This new addition has not been easy BUT really it's going well!  BUT I will save that for the next post :)

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful for her to have such great siblings already! Miss you guys- wish you were closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great support system in your house. Your girls are awesome and so are your boys.

    ReplyDelete