Tuesday, February 12, 2013

An UNPLANNED new cast :)

Oh, My 
My Dear BaJabs!!!

Yes, she told me 2 times .......
'Mom, the cast is really loose!'

AND

BOTH times I responded ......
'Honey, it is fine.  The cast will be loose around the top.'

WELL,

She complained again at bedtime.

SO

I sat on her bed to reassure her it would be fine.
I gently pulled on the cast while saying,
'See honey, if I pull on it, it will ......'

AND
Before I could finish the cast came off to the knee!!
YIKES!!!
Oh, no I have to see what is under there.

I know .....
Every time the first sight makes me nervous and a tad uneasy.

BUT

It wasn't so bad.  
Yes, lots of dried blood and the pins.
The pins are only sticking out about 1/8 of an inch -- and they have scabs with dried blood around it.


I gently put it back on 

BUT

she was NOT happy.

LOTS and LOTS of tears.
She did NOT want to wear it anymore.
WHICH
made me ask her,
'Have you been trying to get it off?'

AND
the response in a whisper, 'Yes.'

She really hates wearing it -- she likes the color but says it itches and is heavy.

YES, those are all true BUT it has to stay on so the bone heals STRAIGHT!!!
39 MORE days with a cast!!!

SO,
This morning I went to work for the first time AND Bajabs went back to school for the first time!

AND

I called the doctor.
Thankfully, Matt was able to take her to GR

AND

She got a NEW cast!

A tighter, cleaner, glittery
AND
PURPLE cast!!!


The doctor said it is VERY typical for these casts to fall off.  Her leg is STILL healing fine.  YEAH!!!

She was thrilled with the new one
AND
the spoiling daddy gave her --
McDonald's fries and a shake!!! 
(which is something mommy NEVER does :))


Praying this one stays PUT!!!

AND

If you are wondering about the first day back ---
BaJabs did GREAT -- 
I even got a text from her teacher WITH a picture
saying..... BaJabs is doing great!

BaJab's has a wonderful teacher that texted me this picture showing that she was doing well :)

ME....
Well, the day went fine BUT I was so tired :)

Now,
To get Matt all packed up and ready for his missions trip to Nicaragua.
More coming on this -- yes, he leaves VERY early Thursday morning. 
Prayers would be appreciated during the next 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment