Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Update -- Missions and Family :)


Praising God that I had a

SNOW DAY TODAY!!!

Unfortunately, my children did NOT ....

BUT

BaJabs had a parent day -- a time where a parent/grandparent comes in for EACH child and there are activities set-up for you to do WITH your child.
Well, my mom was scheduled to go with BaJabs --
Thankfully, because of the snow day I got to go be with her.
It was such fun!!!


The school activities lasted a couple of hours then I came home and 
GRADED LOTS of papers for school.
YES, I used my day off to DO school work!!!
The school also decided to KEEP the scheduled district meeting ON.
So, after I picked-up the girls from school, dropped of MD's FFA stuff at the high school, stopped at the  post office, went to my mother-in-laws house (YES, she made me dinner AGAIN :)) and dropped all the kids off at home
I went to the meeting --
I returned home at 5:30 --
UNFORTUNATELY, a bit sick.  
I think I'm coming down with something -- trying to ward it off!!!

Boys to church -- girls home with me.
Boys MISSED their ride home 
BUT
P. Josh saved them -- and brought them home -- LATE but they made it.

SO --  all in bed 
AND
Finally, Matt called!!

Nicaragua Mission Trip 2013
UPDATE

The SRBC Team!

Skype was cooperative tonight -- only 2 kick-offs
AND
I got to see more than his nose :)

This call was sooooo positive -- and I LOVE that!!
There were MANY answers to prayer today!

ALL 4 trusses went up WITHOUT any problems.




Actually, they went up in about 1 1/2 hours.
The 3 locals were a BIG help.


There are some funny stories working with these locals ;)
A Dave R., a local and Matt did lots of welding.
This is ALL a big answer to prayer!
No complaints about the weather :)
There IS more welding to finish the trusses tomorrow but all doable!

Most everyone is finishing up nicely with their projects. 
YES -- more answers to prayer!
Cabinetry is coming to an end.
Drop ceilings in rooms.
LOTS of painting by Trish and Margie -- BLACK paint
Yes, Margie turned colors :)
Cement work done.
LOTS of wiring accomplished.
I did NOT get an update on the plumbing BUT he did say ALL the projects were doing well!

Tomorrow things will be finished up.
They will sheet the roof of the building.

They will be done ON TIME --
BECAUSE
they are having a pizza party with the kids at HOH.

OH -- and today they had an ice cream party for all of the kids at the end of the day!!!  The kids LOVED it :)
Matt has sent me numerous pictures of the kids!! 
Oh, my LOVE!!!  
Although, I do feel uncomfortable publishing them on the web.
BUT believe me they are adorable and loving being with our team!!!

Matt said it will be difficult saying good-bye for many of them because the kids have become their buddies.
The women have been working/spending time with the kids after school doing fun activities.
Extra prayers for all of them around 5:30 tomorrow!

Also, found out tonight that many kids need uniforms and sponsorship for Christian school.

A uniform for a girl is $26 
and
 an ENTIRE year tuition to Christian school is $126.

It is safer for a girl to be in a uniform because it shows she belongs to something.
I know MANY if not ALL of the people on the team are giving money for one or the other of these options.
Matt and I talked about it tonight.  BOTH options are wonderful!!!
Amazing what a little amount of money can to do to change a child's life!!!

Again, everyone was safe today!
They had a GREAT meal!

12 of them went to a local mall this evening to 'check it out!'
Yes, they are TIRED!
They have been working HARD!
No EXTRA burns :)
Ummmm.... there are a few with tummy issues ;0
Prayers ALL this straightens up before traveling Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment