Friday, February 8, 2013

SNOW DAY!!!!!

SNOW DAY!!!

Yes, for ALL of us!!!

Well, today was suppose to be my first day back to school :)
The forecast did not look good 
BUT
It was a professional development day -- 
TEACHERS ONLY day for our entire district.
There has NEVER been a 'snow day' for just the teachers before.

SO

Late Thursday evening Matt and I headed up to school -- about 15 miles north.
Yes, the weather was TERRIBLE
BUT
I needed my curriculum for the meeting on Friday and if I didn't go Thursday night I would have to leave EXTRA early on Friday morning to stop at my school to get it and then head the 30 miles north to the meeting.

It took us FOREVER!!!
5 miles from home I checked my phone and all meetings were cancelled for TODAY!!!

I was sooooo excited.  Not really about more days off -- although, that was GREAT!

BUT

Because I absolutely HATE driving in this stuff!!  

AND

to make things better

We got a call very early this morning that the kids' had a snow day as well for their school district.

We woke up to about 14 inches of NEW snow -- wet and heavy!
ICK!!!

It is BEAUTIFUL!!  As long as I can just look from my big bay window :)


Although it was amazing that there was so much snow and the roads were so bad early -- the sun came out and it was a BEAUTIFUL afternoon and evening.  It was even warm during the day -- ok, warm to us :)  BUT it did get cold in the evening.


The girls did arts and crafts and watched a movie.  Bajabs loved having the girls to play with during the day -- not just mom:)

The boys made a great BIG snowman.


MD went skiing later in the afternoon! 
(getting stuck at 1:00 am bringing his girlfriend home wasn't fabulous, though!)
I read a book and relaxed with the kids.

A wonderful friend brought dinner in for us -- it was fabulous!

It really was a wonderful LAST day off for me --- especially, since it was unexpected.

Back to work on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment