Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First time to Lake Michigan


We LOVE the beach.

So, it's obvious that we would LOVE for Elizabeth to share that LOVE with all of us.

Well, I don't think it will be a problem :)

Matt and I took the girls early Saturday evening.
It was such a beautiful weekend -- we had to go for a bit.
The boys left for the baseball game and we had to run some errands BUT we stopped at the beach FIRST!!!

The 3 princesses!

I do NEED to say before I continue ......

My mom did take BaJabs and Elizabeth to the beach in April .... the REAL very FIRST time ....

BUT it was freezing!!! 

Thankfully, she did take a picture!!

The real first time -- April!

We thought the easiest place to go to the beach was out by the pier.  They have a beautiful boardwalk --- so, it would be easy for Elizabeth with her SOLACE SCOOTER.

She was a tad nervous at first.  I'm not sure why but once she saw that we LOVED it and we were NOT going to let anything bad happen she got right into the fun!

We walked to the end of the pier first.

Yes, My Darling tends to stand on one foot when she is with Elizabeth :)

Walking back down the pier to the beach.

Next, we went down to the beach.  We parked her Scooter and I carried her down to the water.  It was still a bit COLD!!!  BUT she LOVED it.  

She is trying to figure out why her foot keeps disappearing AND if it will come out -- I wish Matt could of captured her face from my angle when she looked up.  She was scared and yelling like, 'My foot, My foot!'  

 Just loving the water.

 BaJabs -- Her prosthetic leg got a bit wetter than we thought -- she went in too far and the water went DOWN inside.  She laughed ..... so, we did, too.  It dried out overnight :)

My Darling!

The girls thinking mommy needs some splashing.  I really thought the water was FREEZING!
AND yes, there were people swimming.

 LOVE, LOVE this photo.  I LOVE seeing my children experience FIRSTS!!!  She was just LOVING the sand and experimenting with it -- the feels of it and what to do with it.  

 Kicking the water!  She laughed EVERY TIME!!!  
And yes, she did it LOTS!

AND she just had to bend down and do some splashing with her hands :)

 Look close on this photo ...
There is water draining out of the bottom of BaJabs' foot ....
Matt actually caught it in the photo.

Walking/Scooting back to the car.

Yes, we still ran our errands!

AND

ending our evening with another first!
She got to have her first FROSTY!!
I think you can tell from the photo .....



She LOVED it!

We are so looking forward to the warm days of summer when we can spend our entire day at the beach or pool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment