Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation AND Violin Recital... SAME DAY

Monday was a CRAZY day!

We all started our days normal.
BaJab's graduation was at 1:30.
Thankfully, I was able to get someone to fill in for me at school for my last 1 1/2 classes

AND 

Matt was able to take an extended lunch.

The graduation time started off with some singing.



AND yes, it seems our BaJab's is NERVOUS!!!
She was serious and did very little of the motions.  
TOTALLY, NOT like the way we know her :)


I did catch her doing the final SNEEZE in the song, 'On Top of Spaghetti.'


They did their favorite song/game -- 'In and Out the Windows.'

AND


Her favorite bud, JN picked her to dance.  LOVE the silliness.  

NEXT,

all of the kids put on their animal costume.
Each child picks their favorite Zoophonics animal (the way that the ABC's are taught)

AND

they have to dress up.


Yep, BaJab's picked Honey Horse.

She had a little part to memorize:

I am a horse, with a good sense of smell and keen eyes.
My sharp ears and strong legs are just the right size.
I eat grain and plants and never meat.  
I give people rides and that's always a treat!


The HAT was adorable -- but she decided when she got on stage she didn't like it -- she LOVED it the day before when we made it :)


All of the kids were dressed adorable!

Next,

the kids had the actual graduation part.  
BaJab's was first -- different for us :)

She did NOT stop in the middle of the stage but just went right to the floor and sat down.


She FINALLY looked at me and I motioned for her to put her hat back on and I was able to snap a picture.


Oh, she is looking so grown up!!!  She's is such a beauty!
She wants to work with food when she grows up.

We watched a powerpoint of the entire year of events.  The teacher had taken pictures of ALL of the events for the year.  It was set to music.  Oh, it was great!!!

Finally, they had make your own sundaes at the end.  YUM!!

Each of the kids were traced and designed themselves on LARGE paper. The family was suppose to try and find their child.
My Darling and I picked the right one and Daddy and Nanny picked the wrong one :)
She did a great job.


The round 'thing' in the middle of the chest of the drawing has ALL of our names -- which is similar to the necklace I wear.  So, she said, "if you would of looked close, it was EASY to figure out mine!"

So, my last one done with kindergarten.  YEAH!!!  BaJab's LOVES school.  She loves recess and gym.  She does great in school.  Of course, she knows all of her letters and sounds.  She is reading some beginning books.  She is much more social!!!  AND more of a tomboy.  She totally wanted the BLUE dress -- I LOVE it!!  AND yes, I finished it at midnight the night before :)

Matt left at the end of the graduation to deliver asparagus.
I waited and for all of the kids and brought them home.
I had a few things to finish around the house.
Make dinner,
Oops, just remembered I had to bring cookies for the cookies reception
SO, ran to the store to get them from the bakery!!  I DON'T have time to bake -- today!!

Got everyone ready, picked up my MIL
AND made it to tuning time for the recital!

Matt made it right before it started!!!

My Darling loves to play her violin.  She just started in January and has done wonderful.


Tuning time -- they tune each string.


The group. 

 My Darling actually has semi-private lessons.  There is 2 girls in the class.  
2 weeks private 1 week full group -- this is a great set-up as it helps the kids learn the basics, gives individual attention to each child, teaches them to watch a conductor, AND listen to others in a group.


One of the songs.  She keeps her eye on the conductor.


Watching as she is playing.  AND yes, NO music -- they are learning to use their ears.


At the end right after the bows!
BEAUTIFUL!!!  

When we got home she got a little gift for her first recital.  Lauren and I went together and got her ......


She's so excited!!


Yes, it's American Girl -- can you guess???


She knows!!!  LOVE!


A violin for her doll!


Adorable!

AND yes, I made her dress, too -- BUT she picked it out -- style and all!! We even made a matching hair clip -- she LOVED it!

Yes, we are continuing with violin.  She is going to take PRIVATE lessons this summer and then we will continue with the rotation lessons in the fall.

This was the LAST of the crazy days for awhile.

YES, I still have school to finish and LOTS of papers left to grade.
YES, there is still planning and stuff BUT the extra night events are coming to an end.

We ALL did the JOY dance that tomorrow night we don't have
ANY PLANS!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!!
    It's me Abby's (Pan Zai Ping) mom. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I lost track of you for a while there but just started revisiting my blogs and was so thrilled to see how well your family is doing!! All the kids look great, and so happy.
    We're paperchasing again and hope to be back to China pretty soon for another adoption!!

    ReplyDelete