Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

Yes, I know I've posted this picture before BUT we forgot to take a full mommy with the kids picture today :)

Today was a special day.

The girls woke me up --- READY!!!  
YES, they had their dresses on and their hair done -- WOW!!!!

AND

They had gifts in their hands.

BaJabs brought me the traditional Kindergarten gift --- a plate that she designed.  LOVE!
She drew herself with me :)

My Darling presented me with a card.

 She informed me that SHE made the poster in the picture AND that EVERYONE used her poster for the their pictures :)

The inside was totally her :)

Dear Mom,
You are special because you spoil me to death.  Thank you for letting me buy things I don't deserve.  You are the amazingest mom in the world.  You are so so so so so so so so so so so beautiful.  I Love U never ending.
Love,
Hannah
PS.  You are not fat

AND

We will have to make these later in the week.

We finished getting ready for church.  Unfortunately, Matt was called back to the farm because of some equipment issues and had to miss part of church.  

My mom, dad and brother joined us at our house for dinner.
Matt and the boys grilled steak and our broiled, cheesy asparagus.
My mom brought some yummy cheesy potatoes and watermelon.

It was really simple but oh, so yummy.  AND the guys did most of it.  They even did MOST of the clean-up :)


Next, they had a few gifts for me.
Elizabeth was so excited to give me the card.


All 3 girls couldn't wait for me to open it :)


The kids got my an adorable AND appropriate card WITH a Starbucks gift card --- Yes, they know my favorites :)

 Mom, on Mother's Day, thought you'd enjoy a little island getaway.


Just open this card,
GETAWAY
from everyone, and ENJOY!
Happy Mother's Day from all of your favorite
cocoNUTS!


YES, the monkey dude does the hula to some music AND yes, I heard it a million more times during the day :)


My wonderful husband also gave me a fitting LOVEY card with some of my favorite candy AND some shopping time.




All in all it was a wonderful day.  The weather was great and the company was fabulous!


It was great to be with my kids AND my mom.


I LOVE being a mom.  It was what I always wanted to be!


NO, I never imagined being a mom to FIVE children.
NO, I never imagined a blended family of bio. and adopted.
NO, I never imagined CHOOSING special needs.


BUT


I'm so THANKFUL God saw something different in me!!!!
I would of missed out on so much -- fun, laughter, tears, hugs, kisses, etc.


BUT


This life HE designed for me is not always easy.


I still had to do the many TYPICAL mommy things today.


Finish a iguana diorama, design and sew an iguana costume, GUIDANCE, laundry, pay some bills, smooth and comfort through a meltdown or two AND it was NOT Elizabeth.  Discuss with a son about why we think of others FIRST.  Blow noses -- YUCK!  Discuss with a child OR two that we NEED to do our best because God expects us to EVEN when it doesn't feel good.  Calender planning for the week -- chores and meals.  Prayer time where Elizabeth thanked God for mommy -- WITHOUT me helping :)  Heard a few stories about China life for Elizabeth -- some sad :( Bedtimes with lots of kisses and loves from all my kids.  AND one little girl who is waiting in my bed for ME.


I can tell you -
WITHOUT a doubt
I WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING!!!!
I LOVE being a mommy to THESE five.
THANK-YOU LORD for picking ME to be their mom!
PLEASE help me to be the mommy YOU want me to be, Lord!!
AND
Through this CRAZY time of my life I'm trusting and looking to YOU to HELP me CHOOSE JOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. love the mother's day picture with the girls! everyone so natural, you're such a good mommy :-)

    ReplyDelete